AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Southern Devils!!!

Little did I know, that when we moved to Georgia, we would be facing creatures the likes of Southern Devils!!!!
I went out one morning to find the little sucker on our left hanging out right next to my car door. About an inch long, I thought it was dead. Todd later learned that these guys actually 'play dead.' When I returned home it was gone so who knows what really happened.


Southeastern US scorpions are often called 'Southern Devils.' Everyone keeps telling me, don't worry, they aren't dangerous, there sting just feels like a wasp sting. But I'm wonder, have these people ever been stung by a wasp!?!?!? No feel good! And with our lovely Blue having free reign of the house, it made me a little nervous to have a scorpion right outside our house!

AND THEN...



Here is the next friend that showed up. As you can see, I found this southern devil right next to Blue's food bowl!!!! I can guarantee that it's a different one because it was smaller. Todd took control and got rid of the little guy. Poor Blue was subjected to a full body scan to make sure she hadn't been stung and she seems fine.

I contacted our landlord and he said he would check with the Homeowners' Associations to see when they last sprayed for bugs/scorpions. I forgot about it and didn't realize that I never heard back from him with the results!

I forgot, that is, until this past week when Todd woke up and found a scorpion in our house AGAIN, this time next to the sofa (no photo, sorry)!!!! And of course my baby Blue was playing with it! It seemed to be dead but maybe that's cause it was under duress. So, once again, Todd was the hero and got rid of the scorpion! He checked Blue over and see seems to be fine.

So that's 3 scorpions in the course of about a month and I'm not cool with that! Todd followed up with our landlord and it seems he forgot about our little issue and doesn't have an answer for us about de-scorpioning so he's supposed to get back to us on that.

When we planned our move to Georgia I didn't know we were actually moving to Texas!!!! (I can't tell you how many armadillos I've seen sleeping on the side of the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment