AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I thought she said Wednesdays would be Wordless...

.....so I lied!!! Today is too exciting a day to not post!

First off, Happy Birthday to the most wonderful husband in the world!!!!! (of course I'm talking about my husband, Todd) Today he turns the big 2-7. Hopefully he won't actually read this blog cause I think he's still telling people he's 25! Most of Todd's day was taken up with school work and class but I think he still had a pretty good day. He came home this evening and we had his favorite dinner....I mean brinner....don't you know, breakfast for dinner....brinner!!!! Eggs and bacon and pancakes....it was delicious!

Todd hasn't opened all of his presents yet but I will go ahead and tell you about one he already knows about. Todd is going to be taking piano lessons this year! Of all the years I've known him, he's always had a keyboard in his apartment but because life always got in the way, he never had the time to practice or play. Well know we're going to make piano a part of our life!!!! As mom said, now he just needs to work on perfecting the lullaby genre!!!

I would say that the best part of his day today (and mine) was this afternoon! We had our 'big' ultrasound!!! Unfortunately, Todd was not able to go to the last appointment so he hasn't seen our baby in about 3 months (other than in the form of my growing belly)!!! But today we got to see (almost) it all! Baby didn't have as much room to dance around as last month but that didn't stop him/her from waving those arms! S/he looked like s/he was trying to hide from the paparazzi!! We got to see all the arms and hands and toes and eyes and ears and nostrils and lips and belly and stomach and heart chambers and teeth buds and anything else you could think of! Every time our technician would measure a different section, she always used the adjective 'perfect'!!! I'm already proud of our child and s/he hasn't even entered his/her first spelling bee!

Once Aly (our fabulous technician) finished showing us the belly, she turned off our tv screen and we weren't allowed to look anymore. Because Aly is so awesome, she continued talking us through most of the ultrasound. We got to hear her describe the femurs and feet and count toes and look at kidneys and bladder. Then she got quiet as she learned the secret information. We also got to hear the heartbeat (140) which was awesome cause the baby had the hiccups!

So, Aly has called the bakery and everything is all set to pick up our cake tomorrow evening for our Gender Party! I'm hoping to record the cutting of the cake and post it tomorrow night. We were planning on webcasting the party but we've been having computer issues. Instead, I am going to record the cake-cutting on my camera and then post it on Facebook and my blog tomorrow night. And tomorrow I will post pictures from our ultrasound.

So, now that you've read my novel (hopefully you're still with me!)...I am going to sign off. Hopefully you will all be back to visit tomorrow evening or Friday. Feel free to post comments so I know that you're there!!! Can't wait to talk more about my son or daughter soon!!!! :-D

3 comments:

  1. Emily, congratulations!!! Who knows where I've been all this time, but I had no idea you were pregnant. It all sounds so exciting and I have no doubt at all that you'll be an amazing, really fun and great mom to your new son/ daughter!! :) Keep us posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're waiting anxiously to hear the news and to see the new pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read the results and see the pics/video.

    If I ever have children, I'm going to have to steal your idea.

    ReplyDelete