AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, August 14, 2009

Darndest Things

Most of my day is spent in a middle school. That being said, there are a lot of similarities and a lot of differences between the middle school, and the experiences that I've had in the high school and elementary school settings. I'm not going to get into all the similarities and differences but I hope to catalogue some of my experiences here, some of the 'darndest things' that the kids say, and some of the interesting people I meet. Most of the blogs pertaining to this may only be a sentence or 2 but I'd like to give you a glimpse into the caliber of students I come across:

Last week, in science class, a 7th grade girl asked her teacher, "Are we going to digest frogs this year?"

Today, I talked to a (different) 7th grade girl whose goal for the year is to read The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.

On an unrelated note: Today I am 18 weeks pregnant!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment