AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, August 24, 2009

Baby Girl!!!

So I know most of you have already heard (no thanks to me being a slacker with my post)....but....we're having a little GIRL!!!!!! I'm sorry I haven't posted before now. We had our fabulous gender party on Thursday night. I was so physically, and especially emotionally drained afterward that I was in no shape to post a blog or pictures. (I'm at work now so you'll have to wait a little longer for the pictures.) And then I thought I was getting sick on Friday so I went to bed early instead of going out to celebrate my wonderful husband's birthday. And then I spent 14 hours on Saturday with my lovely volleyball team kicking butt at the Play for a Cure Volleyball tournament which raises money for the Susan G Komen Foundation.

So after all of that, I'm finally getting around to posting! Our party was absolutely fabulous! We had all of our friends wear either pink or blue, depending on what they thought the gender would be and then the winners got to have their picture taken with me! (just me cause Todd was wearing blue!) I can't even describe the excitement and anxiety as we waited for everyone to arrive! It was so hard not to cut the cake as soon as it was in front of me. But the wait was worth it!!! Todd and I cut the cake and were tickled pink when we saw the inside was pink!

Now Todd is dreading our next trip to the baby store! I plan on showing lots of restraint but all of those little girl clothes are just so darn cute! We'll register whenever we have a free Saturday (those are few and far between).

Now comes the struggle of picking out a name that our daughter will have to live with for the rest of her life! Who knew it would be so hard! But our biggest struggle was going to be agreeing on a boy's name so at least that task is not in front of us quite yet.

Our plan is to follow the trend laid out by my sister, Katherine. We plan to keep the name a secret until she is actually born. I know it's going to be a struggle but I have a feeling I'm going to be able to keep quiet! (Just don't ask me what her name will be!)

Check back often because I hope to post pictures soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment