AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Misnomer?

Alright, so I know we've named our blog thedailyduncan and that's not exactly what's happening. This is a message that I got on facebook from a friend:

P.S. The blog says daily, but by my observations, it appears to be closer to weekly. I understand Daily Duncan sounds better than the Weekly Duncan but lets be honest with your audience.

Now I know excuses are just that, but here are mine:
Volleyball has started! While I'm very excited to be coaching at a new school, Athens Academy, we have started full force. It's a different experience than I've had in the past. My past 2 seasons, I've been the head JV coach. This year I am the assistant varisty coach. While this job comes with less responsibility, all in all it's more of a commitment. When I signed up for the job I didn't realize that 9 out of 13 of the next Saturdays will be taken with volleyball. That being said, I love the other coaches and I love my players! I have already, and will continue to, learn a lot from my new head coach (she played on scholarship at UGA!). Ok, excuse #1: check.

Excuse #2: Job #2 (really it's job #1 but for the purposes of this blog, it's listed as #2). Summer is over, teacher workdays are now over. Our students come back to school tomorrow! While it will be nice to get my hands moving again, I was enjoying a carefree summer (once summer school ended!). I have trouble with the fact that teacher workdays started in July (you NC people don't know how lucky you are!!) I just found out that this year I will be at 2 different schools. Despite the fact that I only wanted to be at the elementary school, I am coming to see the positives of traveling to the middle school as well. Each day that I've visited the middle school, I have come to appreciate this move more and more. The people at BHL Middle School really are quality and I think I'm going to have a great time there!

So, my current schedule from now until the end of October will look like:
7:40-9 Cleveland Road Elem
9-3:40 BHL Middle
4-6:30 Athens Academy Volleyball
and then let's go ahead and add on a 24/7 pregnancy!!

As taxing as my new schedule may feel, I think the rewards of the day will outweigh any negatives! Though I'll report back on that as the semester/season progresses!

On a super happy note: We have our pink vs blue appointment in 2 weeks!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment