AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Family sickness!

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted!!!! But here is an update on what has been happening in the lives of the Duncans:

Thursday, Todd flew down to New Orleans to attend the National Black MBA Conference. Yes, you read that right. From what I understand, and have been told, the conference holds meetings that are just for its members, and also holds a convention that brings in many businesses, that is open to the public. While there, Todd scored an interview with BB&T concerning their Leadership Development Program. He feels very good about the interview and we will just have to wait and see.

Upon his arrival back into the great state of Georgia on Saturday, Todd noticed he was not feeling too hot. His friend, John, dropped him off at our apartment Saturday night, with a fever of 101!!! After a trip to the student health center on Sunday, we confirmed that Todd had H1N1, better known as Swine Flu. We, of course, immediately quarantined Todd to the guest bedroom. Blue has had a hard time accepting the fact that she cannot cuddle with her Daddy.

After talking with my doctor, I decided I would not start Tamiflu unless I started to show symptoms. Well of course Monday morning I started with a cough and that evening I started Tamiflu! I took Tuesday and Wednesday off work but luckily never contracted H1N1 myself!!! Seems I just had a cold. Odd that I would get a cold while Todd had H1N1. We were quite the pathetic bunch at home!

Now we are both feeling better and both plan on going back to school/work tomorrow!!!

Anyway, I don't blame you if you didn't read all the way to the bottom of this post but I wanted to let y'all know what was going on with us! Thanks for the well wishes.

1 comment:

  1. Stay healthy! I see you are getting close to double digits on the pregnancy countdown. Exciting! Get that job with BB&T! Love, Papa

    ReplyDelete