AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Book Club!!!

I have joined my first ever real live Book Club!!!! I am so excited about this venture! The BC was put together by my friend Sara, who's the new speech language pathologist at work. She's fabulous and invited me to join her book club after we had only met like twice! I am grateful to her for that.

Anyway, we had our first meeting at Sara's house last week.



It was potluck so everyone brought something. If you notice the top right of the picture below, you will see what I brought. It was a new recipe for me which I got from my sister. It's her now famous Ice Cream Bread!!!!! And it was utterly delicious! The Edy's Max Peanut Butter Chocolate was good for the most part but a little dry. The Dove Toffee Caramel Moment was delectably moist and delicious!!!



Anyway, we voted and decided that our first book will be The World According to Garp, by John Irving. Now I am a big John Irving fan, specifically A Prayer for Owen Meany, but I have never read Garp before so I'm quite excited.

I'll keep you posted as our book club meets and how I like the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment