AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Warm weather....come back!!!


On Monday we had our first warm day in quite a while. The temperature got up to 70 degrees and it was glorious! Early that day, my mother-in-law, Page, had asked me if Molly liked being outdoors. I truly couldn't answer that question because it's been so cold lately that her only experience with outdoors is the brief time it takes to put her in the car. So I decided to take advantage, knowing that it probably wouldn't last long.

Molly and I met our friends Greer and her daughter Laine (4 months) and Stephanie and her daughter Azalee (2 months) at Memorial Park to walk around the lake. We also walked up to their Wildlife Trail that houses rehabilitated bears and wildcats and a bald eagle. I wish I could say Molly soaked up every minute of it but really she slept most of the 2 1/2 hours we were there!



Here are Molly and Laine checking out the bears!








And Molly and Azalee lounging on a bench. (Azalee was not happy about being woken up to play!)




Of course all the rest of the week it's rainy and yucky so we haven't had any more outside time but I look forward to the sun making more appearances hopefully in the not-too-distant future!

No comments:

Post a Comment