AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Friday, October 16, 2009

The Proposal

I wish I had more pictures to post....well, I do, but I need Todd's computer for that and he's out of town right now. So you'll have to settle for just my words!

I don't know if any of you have seen the movie, "The Proposal." I recommend it, not only because it was a funny movie, but really for just one line in the movie. Now that I've seen it, I remember my mother telling me about the line but I had completely forgotten until I heard it again! (Don't worry, this doesn't give anything away.)

At one point Margaret (Sandra Bullock) says to Andrew (Ryan Reynolds): "What am I allergic to?"
Andrew so easily responds, "Pinenuts."

PINENUTS!??!? Really!?!? I can't believe how excited that made me. Most of you already know that I am deathly allergic to pinenuts and have to carry an epipen with me where ever I go and can't even eat in any restaurants that use pinenuts/pesto sauce in their kitchen. I have NEVER EVER in my life met another person who is allergic to pinenuts so you can imagine my surprise when I heard it in the movie. I'm sure it's foolish but it made me feel not so freakish once I heard Sandra Bullock say she is allergic to the same thing I am (I know, I know, she was just reading the script!) Throughout the rest of the movie I would just randomly say 'pinenuts' and Todd just laughed at me.

It's not easy being the reason that your friends and family have to go to the same restaurants over and over again. Or never being able to eat at weddings because most caterers use pinenuts. And I know it won't get any easier just cause I've watched a movie about a person with the same dilemma, but it did give me a slight surge of hope that maybe I really am not the only one out there! :-D

1 comment: