AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Another meatless meal?!?!

This spring my mother-in-law bought some chickens on a whim. Who does that?!?! Oh yeah, I have done that too. Whereas my chicken turned out to be a rooster (I miss you, Myrtle!) Page's chickens turned out to actually be beautiful egg-laying chickens. So when she came to visit recently she brought me some fresh-out-of-the-coop eggs! Truly organic!



I decided to make a yummy meatless dish. I forgot to take a picture of the veggies I used but in this dish I have caramelized onions, orange peppers, and possibly squash, I can't really remember cause it was last week. I laid the veggies in my greased baking dish and then covered them with some shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheeses, straight from Wisconsin! (thanks Dad!)
I beat the eggs (though I don't think I beat them enough) and then covered the veggies and cheeses with the eggs.
As you can see, the yolk and egg whites seemed to separate and I wasn't expecting this.
But it tasted oh so delicious! I probably should have used a different color plate but oh well! It was perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
As always, my meatless meal was inspired by my sister, Katherine.

No comments:

Post a Comment