AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ouch!

I have played sports my whole life so I've had a few injuries. I've been lucky enough to avoid the broken bones (other than my pinkie finger, which really did hurt!) but I've had my bumps and scraps and aches and soreness. But this morning I really did a number on myself!

When I reached to put Molly into the exersaucer it seems I pulled my back out. But not my lower back; it was the muscles behind my left shoulder blade. OMG it hurt so bad! It got to the point where I got really flushed and everything got brighter like I was about to faint. Quite scary actually. Luckily, I had my phone right next to me and was able to call Todd. (He was upstairs asleep and couldn't hear me when I yelled to him)

I have to tell y'all: I married the most wonderful man in the world. Todd starts work on Monday so of course he has the 'new job jitters' (sounds like a dance!); not to mention the stress of moving up to Mooresville a few weeks ahead of Molly and me, and the final, complete move from Athens to Cornelius. Add on top of that the horrible cold he has. Not just your normal sniffs and sneezes but pure, utter exhaustion! So keep all of that in mind when I tell you that I have never heard Todd get out of bed faster than he did this morning. And I didn't even have the chance to tell him that I was hurt. All I said was, "I need you to come downstairs." I'm sure he probably heard some panic/pain in my voice but he was downstairs faster than I imagined possible!

So, we spent the morning in Urgent Care. The PA thinks I torqued the trapezious (sp?) muscle in my neck/back and that is causing my pain. Unfortunately, I was suppose to go to a beautiful wedding in Lake Lure, NC but right now I cannot drive. I also cannot pick Molly up because of the pain. Now, remember all that I described about how Todd feels and imagine him having to be the primary care giver today (on his day to sleep in!) And Molly has been her crankiest today!

So, now we are hanging around Athens and headed to NC in the morning. Hopefully I will be able to drive my own car separately, and hold Molly. But we will just have to wait and see!

p.s. If you can't tell, I am so in love with my husband! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment